Happy Birthday General Hospital Brandon Barash (Johnny Zacchara) – 5 Things To Know About GH Alum
General Hospital alum Brandon Barash who played Johnny Zacchara on the popular Daytime Soap is celebrating a birthday today. (October 3, 2020) In celebration of his birthday, we decided to compose 5 things you need to know about Brandon.
Enjoy the list and make sure to head over to twitter, RIGHT HERE and wish Brandon a very Happy Birthday!
1. Brandon was born Brandon Joseph Barash on October 4, 1979, and he is a Libra. He debuted on GH as Johnny Zacchara, the son of a mob boss, in 2007. His was a contract role and he departed the show in 2013. Brandon came back several times between 2014 to 2016.
2. Brandon is a St. Louis, Missouri, native and he has also lived in Texas and California. His parents are Jerry L. Barash, President, and CEO of Sysco Food Services of Ventura, and Susan Gale and his family is Jewish. Brandon has one brother, Jordan B. Barash, and one sister, Alison L. Barash.
3. Brandon had a role on the popular WB drama Gilmore Girls prior to joining GH. He played Jamie, Paris Geller’s boyfriend, from 2002 to 2004.
In 2015, Barash played Melrose Place actor Thomas Calabro in the Lifetime TV film The Unauthorized Melrose Place Story. From 2014 to 2016 he appeared as Detective Robby Oderno in several episodes of the TNT series Major Crimes. In 2017, Barash played Ernest Hemingway in the episode titled “The Lost Generation” of the NBC time travel TV series Timeless.
Most recently Brandon has been starring as Jake Lambert on the NBC sudser Days of Our Lives. He was cast in 2019.
4. Brandon was a founding member of the rock group “Port Chuck.” The band consisted of three other General Hospital actors: Steve Burton (Jason Morgan), Scott Reeves (Steven Webber), and Bradford Anderson (Damian Spinelli). In September Steve Burton announced on social media that the group was no longer playing together. In their hey day the band played at venues across the country.
5. Brandon and his General Hospital co-star Kirsten Storms (Maxie Jones) told People in 2013 that they were secretly wed that June and were expecting their first child, a girl, in January 2014. Brandon later announced on Twitter that Storms had given birth to a baby girl.
In 2016, Brandon and Storms announced that they had filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences and said that the separation was amicable.
Be sure to catch up on everything happening with GH right now. Come back here often for General Hospital spoilers, news, and updates.
I wish Barash would come back to GH, even for a short while. He was great on the show. His acting on GH reminded me of an actor named John Garfield, who was popular back in the 1940s.
[…] Love, Honor and Deceive, and had a recurring guest role on the police drama High Incident. In 1998 she joined the cast of Beverly Hills, 90210 as Gina Kincaid. In 2010 she made her return to GH before her departure in 2011. She then […]