General Hospital star Jane Elliot who plays Tracy Quartermaine on the popular Daytime Soap is celebrating a birthday today. (January 17, 2020). In celebration of her birthday, we decided to compose 5 things you need to know about Jane.
Enjoy the list and make sure to head over to twitter, RIGHT HERE and wish Jane a very Happy Birthday!
1. Jane was born Jane Elliot on January 17, 1947 and she is a Capricorn.
2. Jane is a New York City native and she is has three children, Adrian Lucas Rojas Elliot, Isiah Mikail Elliot, and Annie Rose Elliot.
Jane is a daytime tour de force having made her daytime debut in 1965 in the ABC soap A Flame in the Wind. Later she guest starred on The Mod Squad, Kojak, Barnaby Jones and Police Woman. Her film credits include Change of Habit and One Is a Lonely Number.
3. Jane is best known for her role as cantankerous Tracy Quartermaine on General Hospital. She debuted in 1978 and one was in one of daytime’s most notorious scenes in which Tracy refused her father’s heart medication to him when he faked a heart attack. She left in 1980 and won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for the role in 1981.
4. Jane appeared on Guiding Light as Carrie Todd from 1981 to 1982. From 1984 to 1986 she played Cynthia Chandler Preston Cortlandt on All My Children and she portrayed Anjelica Deveraux on Days of Our Lives from 1987 to 1989.
— General Hospital (@GeneralHospital) January 17, 2021
Ironically her character had an affair with Justin Kiriakis (Wally Kurth) and Kurth plays her son on GH!
Jane went on to appear in the films Some Kind of Wonderful and Baby Boom. She returned to General Hospital in 1989, and in 1991 Kurth was cast as Tracy’s son, Ned Ashton.
5. She departed GH in 1993 and in 1995 was a producer on the ABC soap The City; from 1996 to 1997 she played Tracy Quartermaine on The City.
Jane came back to the fictional town of Port Charles, NY in 2003 and was once again made a regular cast member. Then in 2014 she was once again nominated for a second Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. Jane would go on to announce her retirement in 2017 but was back in 2019. She is currently on the canvas as Tracy who is up to her usual shenanigans!
Be sure to catch up on everything happening with GH right now. Come back here often for General Hospital spoilers, news, and updates.